Roxanne Derkson initially trained as a RMT (Registered Massage Therapist), and post grad discovered the incredible benefits of Craniosacral Therapy (CST) including Visceral Manipulation. She then trained to become one of BC and Canada’s few Guild Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioners. Roxanne founded ViVi Therapy in 2006 upon returning to Canada after living abroad from 1998-2006.>
Since her graduation from the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy in 1988, Roxanne has endeavored to learn, teach and experience as much about manual therapy as possible in 3 + decades. Roxanne is as passionate about manual and massage therapy as she is about movement and self awareness. Sharing knowledge with clients, students, colleagues and collaborating within the ViVi team is what makes ViVi Therapy Integrated Health a special place to receive treatment and to work. Helping people live better lives is our mission and our pleasure.>
Roxanne has lived, practiced and studied in Canada and Australia to which she holds citizenship. Both cultures and their environments have influenced the RMT and Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner she is today. Roxanne says “diversity in your life experience contributes greatly to your perspective”. Roxanne has been practicing the Feldenkrais Method since 1996. More than any other therapeutic modality her clinical assessments, massage treatment protocols and clinic leadership is informed by functional movement principles and fundamentals learned thru the Feldenkrais Method®.>
From children to seniors Roxanne is happy to see all ages, genders and diversities. Her strong therapeutic and communication skills provide one of a kind assessments and insights for her clients suffering from pain, repetitive strain, gut, brain and mental health related symptoms, scarring, posture and mobility issues.>
- Graduate 1988 Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy, Ontario, Canada
- Registered Massage Therapist in BC and Ontario 1988
- Graduate 1996 Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner® (GCFP) from Feldenkrais Institute of Somatic Education in Montreal, Quebec (1992-1996)
- Upledger Assistant Trainer CST 1 and CST II 1992-1996
- Traditional Thai Massage Program in Traditional Medicine Hospital, Chiang Mai, Thailand 1992 (2 month program)
- 2011 Teacher Training for Bones for Life Level 1 and 2, Instructor Physiotherapist and GCFP Gail French
- 2013 Co-founded the first of its kind The Cupping Bar together with Victor Chiu a Registered Acupuncturist. An accessible community based, therapy focused blend of Traditional Chinese and Western bodywork modalities.
- 2016 began teaching Professional Development for RMT’s in Canada based on the Feldenkrais Method® fundamentals.
- Roxanne takes time annually upgrading her own knowledge and physical handling skills.
- Roxanne offers Registered Massage Therapy, Craniosacral, Visceral Manipulation and private Feldenkrais Method® lessons “Functional Integration®”, Group Feldenkrais “Awareness Through Movement®” classes locally at her Oak Bay Avenue, Victoria BC. location
- Practicing Craniosacral Therapy since 1989
- Began Practicing Visceral Manipulation in 1990
- Assistant Upledger teacher for CST1 and CST II from 1990-1992
- Instructor of Advanced Treatment Program at Massage College of Manitoba Winnipeg Mb. 1996-1997
- Founder- Universal Stress and Therapy Clinic in Manitoba from 1988 – 1998
- Founder- Clinical Therapeutic Massage Services from 2001 – 2005 a professional training hub offering post graduate courses for Massage Therapists in Queensland, Australia
- Feldenkrais instructor and practitioner at the Feldenkrais Learning Centre Brisbane, Australia 2001–2005.
- Private clients Princess Alexandra Hospital, Spinal Unit – Brisbane, Australia 2002-2003
- Established ViVi Therapy in 2006 – present. General Practice for all ages Rehabilitation, Performance, Pain Treatment and Lifestyle focused Integrated Health Clinic.
- Boot strapped ViVi Therapy brand of massage equipment and supplies on Vancouver Island from 2008 to present giving many islanders an affordable, local option for their clinic supplies and massage equipment.