Undergraduate students who are members of the UVSS and who are registered in at least 3 units of on-campus classes in September or January, including co-op or distance students, are automatically covered by the UVSS Health & Dental Plan. The Plan covers 80% of the cost of a massage therapist, up to a maximum of $250 per policy year. Please note that you need a referral by a medical doctor to be covered for visits to a massage therapist.
The services of the following practitioners are covered at 80% for $28 per visit to a maximum of $335 per practitioner, per benefit year:
• registered massage therapist
• certified athletic therapist
• chiropractor, including one x-ray examination per benefit year
• osteopath, including one x-ray examination per benefit year
• podiatrist/chiropodist, including 1 x-ray examination per benefit year