A BC local, Claire Kingston was raised by a family of health care providers. From an early age she recognized her passion for counselling and pursued being a therapist. Claire holds a masters of social work and has worked in a wide variety of medical social work field>
Claire is a skilled and compassionate practitioner with a keen interest in working with persons experiencing grief and loss, difficulties with life transitions, chronic health care conditions or injuries, end of life and palliative support, pet loss and grief, as well as addictions support. She is available at the clinic Mondays and Saturdays. >
Claires Masters program focused on clinical Social Work practice. She has training in narrative therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy and a clinical focus in mental health and addictions. She has experience in medical related counselling for chronic illnesses. Her career path and training has focused on individual and relational wellbeing. Claires passion to make a difference in mental health care is inspired by her upbringing, as she comes from a family of health care providers. After more than a decade serving others in health care, Claire is now using her therapeutic skills and experience to counsel individuals and families privately and exclusively at ViVi Therapy. Claire has a keen interest in providing end of life and palliative care therapy. She has worked in conjunction with other health care professionals to support individuals seeking Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID). Claire also has a passion for animals and the profound impact they have on our mental wellness. She understands the need for empathy when grieving the loss of a pet family member. Claire integrates mindfulness techniques into her practice to promote emotional and nervous system regulation. Engaging with others from a regulated state helps decrease the human dilemma of self-destructive and self-sabotaging behaviours. Claire realizes the importance of creating space for individuals to set boundaries with self and others. Claire understands change starts within. Claire has experience supporting others with depression, anxiety, medically related health concerns, motor vehicle (and other) accidents, trauma, and loss & grief. Claire can help you get back on track and experience your best life.>
- Bachelors of Social Work, University of Victoria - 2016
- Masters of Social Work, University of Calgary - 2017
- Registered Nursing, Camosun College, Victoria, BC - 3rd Year Completed 2012
- Claire holds a clinical practice degree (RSW), which is covered by many health care benefit plans. Claire’s hourly rate is $145.00. You may need to make your own submission for reimbursement to your benefit provider, depending on your plan. ViVi Therapy may not be able to bill directly for counselling services even though the service may be covered. Monday 9-5 and Saturday 10-3 Claire offers a 15-20 min telephone (or virtual?) consultation, allowing individuals to connect with Claire prior to booking. Please contact Vi Vi directly to book a free consultation.
- She has seven years of front line social work experience working in a variety of health care areas including; mental health, medical assistance in dying (MAID), elderly care, palliative support, emergency room, renal care, addiction recovery, and supporting persons experiencing a variety of chronic health conditions